We wash everything in-house in our award-winning wet cleaning process
Our machines have been adapted to achieve fourth generation wet cleaning capability. This means that the equipment we use is able to process both wet and dry clean-only items as well as standard laundry. Our process therefore results in a huge increase in efficiency and quality and you get items back cleaner, faster and with significantly less impact on the environment.
Dry cleaning causes many health issues ranging from respiratory failure to cancer. It can also have adverse effects on the human nervous system, causing headaches, movement difficulties and memory loss. These effects are caused by the use of PERC (perchloroethylene), a colourless solvent derived from petroleum fractionation. To help limit any potential health risks, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has ruled that dry cleaners must phase out dry cleaning machines that use PERC by December 21, 2020. Time for the UK to follow!
The traditional dry cleaning industry uses tonnes of plastic and thousands of litres of solvents every year in the UK
Dry cleaning causes so many health issues, it being caused by the use of PERC (perchloroethylene) which is a petroleum-based substance. It can have adverse effects on the human nervous system, causing headaches, breathing difficulties and memory problems. Long term exposure can cause life threatening illnesses. It also produces toxic chemicals and waste which is having a negative impact on our environment as it cannot be easily broken down. This has been banned under environmental health in some countries due to the toxicity.
Dry cleaning is causing many environmental health issues
What are the benefits of wet cleaning?
- A superior natural way of cleaning fabrics
- No harsh chemicals such as chlorine or phosphates are used protecting both your garments and you
- Uses water and mild biodegradable detergents instead of polluting chemicals such as PERC, so no toxic waste is produced
- Leaves a fresh natural scent instead of a chemical odour
- Removes organic stains better than dry cleaning
- Turn around time is half that of dry cleaning
- There are minimal epidermal issues and the process is hypoallergenic and more suitable for sensitive skin
- Gentle drum rotation with water showering means less felting, matting, friction and overall material damage
Whats safe to be wet cleaned?
- Delicate fabrics* such as handwoven or embroidered
- Items with glued sequins, small beads and embellishments
- Silk, hemp, flax, viscose and rayon
- Suit Trousers and Jackets
- Curtains, both lined and non-lined
- Wedding Dresses*
- Outdoor Jackets and coats
- Puffer jackets with down fillings
- Shirts of any material
- Dresses and ball Gowns
- Fabric Shoes and Trainers
*The only exception is some instances of heavy weight Satin, including Duchess Satin. If unsure, our team of experts are on hand to inspect your garments.